After a quiet day on the beach on Tuesday we decided to head off to A place called Selwo Adventure which we were fold was a great day out for everyone at a safari park.
We looked it up and it looked pretty good so we thought we’d have a day out there.
As we pulled up to the park it looked lovely but there was very few cars in the car park but as it was quite early we guessed that was normal. To get into the park for 4 adults, one 4 year old and a 16 month old was 115Euros!!!! but we’d come this far so ahead we went.
As soon as we had got it we had a group photo taken which every place seems to do. We had a look around and then got told the first safari ride was going to start so we headed off to the truck. We went around and saw some lovely animals and then got dropped off at the first point and told to look around.
At this point we looked around and saw the elephants, lions and giraffes. We also got our hands on a crepe but noticed the gift shop was closed and asked a guy there and he said just the main shop was open.
After looking around we went on the final safari ride and went into the hills and saw the bears and tigers and looked right over to Gibraltar. The guide told us there was a restaurant but everyone on the truck said we’d go to the main restaurant at the beginning.
Once we’d finished the safari we walked down to the main entrance to look at the gift shop and also there was meant to be a play ground for Aly which she had been looking forward to all morning.
When we got to the front we was greeted by a closed restaurant so we once again asked a member of staff and they said the only restaurant open was the one at the top. To say we weren’t happy was an understatement as it was now 1.30pm and the girls hadn’t eaten. When we was at the top the guide never once said this was the only place open. We then looked for the gift shop which was totally unmanned not a single member of staff in the shop and no where to see the entrance photos.
Instead of spending another 45mins getting back up to the top we said we’d get something on the way back but first we’d play in the park to please Aly. Well we found it but it was so bad and nothing there Aly burst into tears and said this was rubbish.
We left very quickly after that. And to think we paid 115Euros for that.
If you’re thinking of visiting the Selwo Adventure Park I wouldn’t bother.
To read Part One – Flights & Villa
To read Part Two – Zoo
Orchard Toys do a brilliant range of games and puzzles that both of my girls love playing and so I have decided to share their great games with you so hopefully your children will enjoy them too.
There is 5 games up for grabs to one lucky winner.
Race to fill your trolley!
Be the first to fill your trolley with all of the items on your shopping list, in our best-selling memory game.
A fun shopping game
Help children learn about handling money and giving change, by playing this fun shopping game. Go around the board from shop to shop, using plastic money to buy lots of different items.
Pick up the passengers as you go!
A fun addition and subtraction game. Take a counter and throw the two dice to move around the board, counting passengers on and off your big bright bus. The winner is the player with the most passengers when their bus finally arrives at the bus station.
A ‘learn the time’ lotto
Say the time aloud and try to make a match on your action-packed playing boards. Children learn and develop skills with analogue and digital times.
Play with your food !
Join the chefs in the crazy kitchen and collect everything they need to make a meal. Then grab your plate and wait for your dish to cook! Will you be the first to serve up a tasty treat ?
How to enter
- Like OneDad3Girls on Facebook
- Follow @onedad3girls on twitter – This option is mandatory
- Like this blog post
- Tweet the following – Hey! @onedad3girls is running an awesome giveaway. You should check out this giveaway http://wp.me/p28kpT-6d – This option is mandatory
- Tell me which is your favorite game to play with your children in the comments section.
The competition will end on April 11th at 8pm UK time.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Orchard Toys. We hereby release Orchard Toys of any liability. Winner(s) will be contacted by email 48 hours after the giveaway ends.
City of Friends is the beautifully animated pre-school TV show that’s turned into something of a global phenomenon. Originally from Norway, City of Friends is now airing in more than 150 countries around the world!
Currently on Channel Five’s Milkshake! the series centres around the three emergency teams – Police, Ambulance and Fire – and the three friends, Max the police officer, Elphie the fire officer and Ted the paramedic who work together to solve problems and help people around their city.
Max is everyone’s friend and the city’s mischief-maker. The children in the city think he is the coolest and the funniest in the whole city. Elphie is a bubbly and adventure-loving elephant. Her impressive trunk and its water-shooting abilities make her a natural fire-fighter. Ted the caring young teddy bear, is starting his life in the ambulance service. He’s very popular and offers great comfort to people in need, providing reassurance with his cuddly warmth.
Cooperation, friendship, tolerance, knowledge, activity and fun are the key words which apply to the residents in the City. The series sparks the imagination with exciting, playful story-lines which are entertaining and teach very gentle, but valuable life-lessons along the way.
City of Friends trailer
The inspiration for the stories came from creator Carl Christian Hamre’s own day job working as a member of Norway’s state police. “One evening I told my son a bedtime story about the three emergency services; how they work together to solve the challenges and problems they are called out to. However, this time, I replaced myself and my colleagues, with people and animals in the emergency services, and City of Friends was born.”
City of Friends airs weekdays on Channel Five’s Milkshake! at 6.20am every day. To see the rest of the characters and some clips head over to the City of Friends website http://cityoffriends.tv/ and the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/CityofFriendstv to find out more information.
In times gone by we’ve kind of been a bit lazy on the household chores in this household.
It always just to be that on a Sunday we used to do
- the hoovering upstairs and down
- the dusting upstairs and down
- washing the bedding
- cutting the grass (in the summer)
- the weekly food shop
- cleaning the bathroom
- cleaning the kitchen
Now as you can imagine this took up most of the day and considering this was the only day we got to spend together it meant family time was null and void.
To Laura’s credit she came up with a rota system which is simple but meant Sundays weren’t wasted and we spend some time as a family together.
|Monday||Dust Upstairs||Fold the washing|
|Tuesday||Ironing||Empty the bins|
|Wednesday||Clean Kitchen||Quick Hoover downstairs|
|Thursday||Clean bathroom||Dust Downstairs|
|Friday||Wash the floors|
|Sunday||Hoover upstairs||Hoover downstairs|
Other jobs such as washing the bedding and towels etc are fitted around this rota but at least we have more time as a family together.
I was tagged in a Q&A post by Comfort in Sound.
It’s been a while since I was tagged in something like this, I hope you enjoy it.
First the rules….
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Let each blogger know that you have tagged them
Heres my Q and A
1) which character do you prefer from only fools and horses, Grandpa or Uncle Albert and why?
I always prefered Uncle Albert, just because him, Rodney and Del Boy seemed to have better chemistry and the comedy worked better.
2) if you had 3 wishes what would they be other than money, and eternal life?
My three wishes would be for my girls to live a happy and long life, us to own our own home and finally to have the opportunity to travel the World with my family.
3) if you could live in any period of time when would you live and why?
I pretty happy living life now. It’s such an exciting time with many new developments in technology. But if I had to travel back it’d like to live around the time that Henry VIII was King, it seemed like a crazy time and he seemed a mad hatter.
4) if you had to live as the opposite gender for 1 day what would you do?
I don’t have much desire to be a woman but I guess I’d visit a bar just to see how creepy some of us guys are.
5) would you rather be a pirate or a ninja and why?
Pirate…who wouldn’t want to be a pirate. I doubt I’d be as cool as Jack Sparrow. Ideally I wouldn’t have a wooden leg too.
6) what would be your catchphrase if you were a game show host?
The Earth Is Full – Go Home in a kind of an Anne Robinson kind of way.
7) if you had to write a book what would you write about?
If I was to write a book it would be some sort of horror story, may be a book made up of short horror stories.
8) if you could choose a fictional character from a Book/TV/Movie to be real who would you chose and why?
Rusty Ryan (Brad Pitt in Ocean’s 11) this character was so cool and had it all (ok he stole it but…) he always dressed smart and in the end had millions of dollars.
9) What would you like to be your legacy to be?
The guy who changed England for the better.
10) Which Cartoon Character best sums you up and why?
It’s probably Homer Simpson just because I eat all day and love to lazy on the sofa…ummmm donuts.
11) Why is your favourite colour your favourite?
My favourite colour is blue, basically because I love seeing a beautiful blue sky and because BHAFC play in blue.
Now for my questions.
1) If you could change your name what would you change it to?
2) If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
3) If you could have sex with any superhero, who would you choose and why?
4) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first and why?
5) If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why?
6) Which 3 famous people would you hate to be stuck in a lift with?
7) Whats your favourite season and why?
8) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose and why?
9) If you could appear in a sporting event which one would you chose?
10) If you was sent off to live on the moon what 3 things would you take with you?
11) If you could play any musical instrument what would it be?
Now the people to tag